Marketing companies do marketing, PR companies do PR, software development companies use software. Taking this forward, digital signage companies ideally should use digital signage in their environment.
Most organizations use digital signage for internal communications and they don’t perceive that as a huge problem area, as they don’t directly influence their top line or bottom line. Hence, their motivation to use digital signage is at the lowest and they try to maintain the status quo, when it comes to internal communications. The easiest pitch that you can give such organizations is to tell them, how you use digital signage. This would give them a fair idea bout how digital sigange can be effectively used and the benefits that they can gain out of it.
Some of the things that you can tell include:
- A fair bit about your organization in terms of its demography and topography. Speak about the number of displays that you have installed and how you have chosen the locations
- How do you use your displays – what kind of content do you display at different locations and different times of the day
- How do you change your content – is it static content in a loop or is it dynamic content pulled from various sources or if your content gets triggered based on specific events
- How do you maintain the content from going stale on the screens
- Do you measure the stickiness of your content by doing audience analytics and the time spent by people in front of your screen?
- Who are the stakeholders of the digital signage platform and how does it impact each one of them
- How do you make all your stakeholders accountable through digital signage – displaying KPIs, performance index, health analysis of various projects and the like
- Examples of horizontal screens and vertical screens – split screens within them, video walls with controllers and LED video walls
- Examples of how mobile can be a part of the digital signage ecosystem
- How easy is your content development – does it require technical knowledge or is it templatized and intuitive for anyone to manage
- How do you integrate with other applications, news sites and RSS feeds
- Use cases of various integrations that you have done in your displays
- Track your organizations social media feed with sentiment analysis on the good, bad and the ugly
- How do you differentiate between your internal customers and the visitors and how do you structure signage differently
- Share the cost-benefit analysis and effort-benefit analysis of the digital signage deployment
This information would at least make them take a decision as to whether they want to go with digital signage or not.