Delhi Metro is planning to install digital LED displays from Janpath to Kashmere Gate (excluding Mandi House and ITO) metro stations on Line – 6. This is going to be installed near 148 ticketing counters, which makes it easier for commuters through provision of real-time transaction details while having provision for displaying ads and promotional messages.
The main objectives of this initiative include:
- Augment non-operational revenue of DMRC through advertisements
- Position Delhi Metro as the most sought after location for advertising
- Provide high-quality advertising comparable to world class airports and metro railways
- Provide value to the brands that advertise
- Promote Delhi Metro as the gateway to Delhi Tourism by highlighting Delhi’s heritage an culture
Tender for this is already available in their website Delhi Metro Rail and it is widely believed that this would be implemented across all their lines in due course of time.
Tags: Delhi Metro, DMRC, Digital advertising, Delhi Tourism, LED displays, Digital LED displays