All displays are not created equal and those who are planning to install digital kiosks or displays in exterior locations would be wise to first establish what environmental challenges need to be accommodated beforehand to accurately determine the type of equipment that will operate successfully and continually in whatever conditions prevail.
The Nov. 16 panel will include:
- Charles “Chuck” Lewis, director of business development, Elite Manufacturing Technologies, who has been involved with hundreds of outdoor kiosk designs related to airflow and environmental testing.
- William Bear, regional sales manager, Crimson AV, who will speak to outdoor kiosk and display applications relating to AV mounting solutions and exterior accessories.
- Ralph Schorbach, IT manager for Fairplex, who oversees an extensive exterior digital signage installation.
Among other things, the panel will also discuss:
- How digital signage has evolved in harsh environments.
- How to develop test criteria to ensure that the technology functions in exterior environments.
- How to develop a test plan, apply the results and assess performance years into the future.
- How to plan for challenges like moisture or temperature.
- What considerations are key at time of deploying an exterior installation.
More information on the November 16 Hangout event or other DSF events can be found on the DSF website. Both DSF members and non-members may join these, or any of the DSF’s scheduled Hangout conversations for free – but registration is required and can be accessed on the “DSF Event Web Page” of the DSF website at Digital signage federation